The feel, the colours, the lightweight summery appearance makes the Nuno felted scarf both visually appealing and a lovely addition for those cooler evenings.
The Nuno technique, meaning ‘cloth’ in Japanese, bonds loose fibre, usually wool, into a sheer fabric such as silk gauze, creating a lightweight felt.
The fibres can completely cover the background fabric, or they may be used as a decorative design that allows the backing fabric to show.
Nuno felting often incorporates several layers of loose fibres combined to build up colour, texture, and/or design elements in the finished fabric.
Students will have the opportunity to learn about textured pre-felts, how to use them in a mosaic pattern and also the Nuno felting technique creating a lightweight colourful silk scarf.
- Workshop length: 6hrs 10am – 4pm
- The workshop will run on demand. If you are interested we invite you to book the complete workshop time slot. You can then participate individually, or invite friends and family. You may choose to organise the workshop as a gift or share the cost amongst those attending.
- Full payment for the workshop will be required before we can confirm the booking.
- The workshop will usually cost at least $800 for up to four participants, however, for larger groups, there will an additional participant fee to reflect the additional materials required.
- A catered lunch will not be included in the workshop cost. If you would like a catered lunch we can arrange this at approximately $50 per participant. Alternatively, you can bring your own meal or take the short drive to Clevedon and enjoy the options at the local food outlets.
- A lovely quality morning and afternoon tea will be included in the workshop cost.
- Bookings can be made by contacting James directly Contact Office
Read Terms and Conditions here